Accenture, LLC – Application Automation Engineer July 2018 – current
- Support client application teams on board to a standardized CI / CD process as mandated
- Create, administer, and update multiple Jenkins & Jenkins pipeline jobs as required
- Create CI / CD tooling and services to increase deployment velocity for client app teams
- Troubleshoot client service applications inter-connection issues
- Educate client app team on modern CI / CD designs and best practices
- Leverage software background in recommending engineering best practices to legacy app teams
Tools: Jenkins, JIRA, Bitbucket, Windows, Linux, Bash, Git, SonarQube, Veracode, SDLC
Malwarebytes – Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps March 2018 – June 2018
- Deploy, administer, monitor, and optimize enterprise cloud applications in AWS
- Create process and deployment automation tools.
- Develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Evangelize cloud best practices across engineering teams.
- Create comprehensive documentation to a level by which processes are reproducible by others.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in cloud technology and in IT processes.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Tools: AWS (EC2, ECS, ELB, ASG, RDS, etc), Bash, CI/CD, Docker, Git, Jenkins, Linux, Scrum, Terraform
Sourcetoad, LLC. – Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead / DevOps Feb. 2014 – March 2018
- Mentor and train junior engineers in software engineering best practices
- Pioneer the testing, justification, and implementation of new technologies and processes
- Developed multiple RESTful API services for land and ship based systems
- Technical Lead on multiple projects; rapid iteration to ongoing application support
- Participated in team based projects to produce deliverables per documented specs
- Assisted in maintaining internal tool set to keep abreast of industry evolution
Tools: Agile. AWS (EC2, RDS), API, Bitbucket, CI/CD, Docker, Git, HTML, Leadership, Jenkins, PHP, Python, SQL, MVC (Yii 2.x), SDLC, REST,
Tech Data – Sr. Level PHP Developer (6 mo. contract) Nov. 2015 – Mar. 2016
- Developed utility to process data fix tickets, reduced handle time by 80%
- Coordinated with business teams to implement value add features such as SSO, vendor integrations.
- Assisted Lead Application Architect with project planning, feature requirement, mentoring and training
- Assisted DevOps teams with migrating legacy systems to modern architectural standards
Tools: Agile, BitBucket, Git, Leadership, PHP, MVC (Symphony 2.x)
HealthPlan Services – Developer Aug 2012 – Jan 2014
- Produced and maintained team management tools
- Interface with system specialists to produce useful reporting tools
- Improve on existing code base using industry recommended best practices
Tools: API, Git, PHP, MVC (in house), SQL
GSA Applications – Developer May 2012 – Aug 2012
- Interface with customers and convert customer needs into contract fulfillment
- Managed a 3 person team using SCRUM/Agile to meet deliverables requirements
- Customize SugarCRM to refine custom workflow and migration
- Decreased average deliverable time from 6 months to 6 weeks
Tools: Agile, Git, Leadership, PHP, HTML, WordPress
Traderplanet.com – Jr.Developer Sept 2010 – Feb 2012
- Implement site wide enhancements and patches as dictated by the project roadmap
- Test, debug, and refactored existing code base for efficiency and optimization
- Interfaced with project stakeholders to facilitate feature change requests
Tools: Scrum, CSS, Git, HTML, JS, PHP, MVC (CakePHP 1.x)
Certifications / Education
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud Practitioner 2017, Solution Architect Associate 2017
- BFA from IADT-Tampa; graduated with honors (Cum-Laude), 2009
Social / Web Accounts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/David_J_Eddy
- GitHub: https://github.com/davidjeddy
- StackShare: https://stackshare.io/davidjeddy
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/1572657/david-j-eddy